While considering what to wear in the office, you want to keep in the mind the weather conditions in your particular area. What you wear during the winter might not be what you would wear during the summer. During the winter we tend to cover up more and during the summer we tend to become a little more relaxed in our office attire. Clinton Kelly, co-host of TLC’s “What Not To Wear”, says to “resist the temptation.” He states that, “when it comes to your career, http://www.zappos.com/women-dresses the image you’re projecting at work makes a difference in how far you’re going to get in the company, don’t use excuses like, ‘it’s hot outside,’ to not dress appropriately.”
These work dresses for women https://www.nordstromrack.com will help you to look your best while you are on the job doing your best. While I was working in the office, we had one day a week that we called the “dress down day” and that was on Friday’s. A lot of companies may not provide that flexibility to their workers so you have to abide by whatever is set by your employer.
Keep your professional goals in mind when you are considering your work attire. If you want to obtain a supervisory or a management position within your organization in the future, try and dress for success. You don’t want later on down the line, find a position for which you want to apply, and you are told that there was a day or a time you came to work looking unprofessional, it can bite you in the “butt.” These six tips are here to help you with your work style.
- Try to keep yourself covered as much as possible, no cleavage, no mini-skirts.
- Wear short sleeves in your office, but don’t come to a meeting in short sleeves, cover up with a jacket. Sleeveless is out of the question, no one wants to see the arms you bare.
- Wear loss fitting clothing, things that hug your body tightly are not a good sign.
- I am a person who don’t like to wear pantyhose, so make that choice by determining when you want to wear them, but make sure you wear closed toe shoes, open toe shoes and sandals scream unprofessional.
- Leave the short skirt for after hours, they are not needed in the office.
- No low rider pants for the office, no one wants to see what might be lurking behind.
Keep in mind that your professional or less than professional appearance is based on your office style and your position for which you hold. Winter we tend to close up, and summer, we tend to open up and feel more free, but remember that in a highly professional/professional office, you are expected to dress accordingly; in a less restricted environment, you dress accordingly as well, always keeping in your forefront the organization’s guidelines or professional code.